Love it or hate it, but this 500-hectare piece of Paradise Island, located 21 kilometers on the southeastern part of Polillo, Quezon Province, is open for members only. However, if you ever get this lifetime opportunity to be there, you’ll get undone just by the myriad of activities, dining experience, luxurious villas and amenities, in store for you and your company. Not to mention, get the chance to capture in photos, those virgin white-sand beaches, clear blue skies and sea water, lush landscape all around you, and many more!
A destination of unmatched natural beauty located off the eastern coast of Luzon in the Philippines, Balesin Island Club, Alphaland Corporation’s flagship project, is a 500-hectare tropical island paradise with 7.3 kilometers of pristine white-sand beaches.
Located in the Pacific Ocean just 60 nautical miles east of Manila, Balesin is approximately a 25-minute plane ride from Manila, yet is a world completely unto itself. Alphaland Balesin Island Club is your unique, members-only, private leisure getaway-today and for generations to come.
Balesin Island Club offers villas and amenities patterned after some of the most alluring destinations around the world. With a main clubhouse and a state-of-the-art wellness facility as the centerpiece, Balesin has seven villages: Balesin, Bali, Phuket, Mykonos, St. Tropez, Costa del Sol and Toscana. In each village, everything from the architecture, interior design, landscaping and food is authentically recreated.
In addition, there is the 14-suite Balesin Royal Villa, situated on a bluff with a view of Lamon Bay and, in the distance, the Sierra Madre mountain range on the mainland. Meticulously designed, it takes the best of Asian royal heritage and blends it into something wholly original.
Master-planned by EcoPlan of Miami, Florida, USA, Balesin Island Club was designed with the environment uppermost in mind and to be in perfect harmony with its natural surroundings. Water harvesting, 80% water recycling, a reverse osmosis plant, on-site eco-friendly transportation, organic farming, and alternative sources of energy reduce the amount of waste and ensure sustainable development on this beauty of an island—without scrimping on luxurious, top-notch facilities. The club aims to enhance everything in its environment: the lushness of the large forest sanctuary and the promulgation of the surrounding marine sanctuaries.
SPORTS and RECREATION:
• Archery - Archery Range at the Sports Center
• Basketball - Outdoor Basketball Court at the Sports Center
• Bicycling - Bicycles are available for use at the Main Clubhouse
• Birdwatching - The Aviary
• Boating - Speedboats and sailboats may be rented at the Aquatic Sports Center
• Fishing - Deep sea, on board one of our fleet of speedboats, or gallery fishing at Fish Fun or Family Picnic Grove
• Gardening - Balesin has an Organic Vegetable Garden, where guests may harvest their own salads
• Hiking - 400+ hectares of forest and banana fields (Nature Trail)
• Horseback Riding - Island Trail Ride, Bullring (equestrian), at the Stables
• Kayaking - Aquatic Sports Center
• Kiteboarding - Our Aquatic Sports staff will show you the best locations.
Available seasonally off certain beaches.
• Mountain Biking - The highest point of Balesin is just 10m above sea level,
but we do have mountain bikes available for rent
• Paddle Boarding, Standup - Aquatic Sports Center
• Paintball/War Games - Sports Center
• Picnicking - Family Picnic Grove, which also offers fishing
• Sailing, Hobie Bravo - Aquatic Sports Center
• Sailing, Paraw (native boat) - Aquatic Sports Center
• Scuba Diving - Aquatic Sports Center
• Segway - Sports Center
• Snorkeling - Aquatic Sports Center
• Sunbathing - The main beach and all pool areas are provided with sun lounges.
• Surfing - Available at certain seasons, off various beaches. Our Aquatic Sports Center will show you the different
• Swimming - Beach swimming with lifeguards is available at specified schedules. The Clubhouse has a Lagoon Pool,
three Outdoor Whirlpools, and a Kiddie pool; each village has one or more pools, Mykonos Cove Deck has five
Outdoor Whirlpools, and Poseidon has an indoor/outdoor pool; the Balesin Spa has a private pool
• Tennis - Outdoor Tennis Court, Sports Center
• Volleyball (beach) - Balesin Sala Beach Area
• Wakeboarding - Aquatic Sports Center
• Waterskiing - Aquatic Sports Center
• Windsurfing (sailboarding)- Aquatic Sports Center
• Airsoft Target Shooting Range - Sports Center
• Badminton - Indoor Courts, Sports Center
• Basketball - Indoor Basketball Court, Sports Center
• Billiards - Game Room, Main Clubhouse
• Boxing, with trainer - Sports Center
• Children’s Indoor Playroom - Main Clubhouse
• Dancing - Ballroom, Latin, and other styles at various events throughout the island
• Gym - Sports Center
• Karaoke - Babes’, Mike’s and Rannie’s KTV Rooms, Main Clubhouse
• Mahjong - Mahjong Rooms, Main Clubhouse
• Mixed Martial Arts, with trainer - Sports Center
• Poker and other card games - Poker Rooms, Main Clubhouse
• Reading - E.L. Tordesillas Library, Main Clubhouse
• Rock Climbing Wall - Sports Center
• Smoking - Tabacalera Cigar Divan, Main Clubhouse
• Table Tennis (Ping Pong) - Game Room, Main Clubhouse
• Tennis - Indoor Tennis Court, Sports Center
• Wii© - Wii© Room, Main Clubhouse
• Dining - Breakfast buffet, Main Clubhouse Lounge
• Dining - Filipino, Main Clubhouse Lounge, Balesin Dining Room, Verandah, Balesin Sala
• Dining - Fish, catch-it-yourself, at Fish Fun and Family Picnic Grove
• Dining - French, at St. Tropez Village
• Dining - Greek at Thanassis Taverna and Cove Deck, Mykonos Village, and Poseidon, Mykonos Beach Villas
• Dining - Indonesian at Bali Warung and Nusa Dua Bar
• Dining - Italian at Toscana Village
• Dining - Korean at Han Gang, Main Clubhouse
• Dining - Japanese at Sakura, Main Clubhouse
• Dining - Spanish at the Restaurante Español and Tapas Bar, Costa del Sol Village
• Dining - Thai at Salathip, Phuket Village
• Dining - Mongolian BBQ and mixed grill for lunch and cocktails for sunset at Rico’s Hideaway
• Dining - Seafood at Balesin Seafood Shack and Fish Fun
• Dining, Private - Michelle’s and Anna’s at Main Clubhouse, Private Dining Rooms at Bali, Phuket, St. Tropez, Costa del Sol Village, Toscana, and Mykonos Village
• Cocktails - The Main Clubhouse has three bars, the Pool bars serve the swimming pools and the beach, and the sala of each village has a bar with general cocktails and drinks and wines unique to its theme. The open-air Nusa Dua bar at Bali village sits on stilts on the water.
SPA & WELLNESS
• Massage (various types) - Balesin Spa, and Aegle Wellness Center
• Sauna and Steam Bath - Balesin Spa, and Aegle Wellness Center
• Thalassotherapy - Aegle Wellness Center
• Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy - Aegle Wellness Center
• IV Therapy - Aegle Wellness Center
• Colon Hydrotherapy - Aegle Wellness Center
• A Day of Total Wellness Program, Weekend Wellness Program, Four-Day Natural Wellness Program, A Week of Wellness Program, Couple's A day of Detox, Balesin Leisure and Detox Program - Aegle Wellness Center
• Beauty treatment - Salon, Main Clubhouse
• Haircut and grooming - Barber Shop, Main Clubhouse
• Locker Rooms (Men’s and Women’s) - Main Clubhouse and Sports Center
• Meetings and Conference facilities - Function Rooms, Main Clubhouse
• Shopping - Sundries and souvenirs at Balesin Souvenir Shop, MainClubhouse
• Worship - The Balesin Chapel offers regular Catholic masses on Sundays, and other days of Catholic observance. It is open all day for private prayer, and available for weddings and other occasions.
• Golf cart rides - All over the island
• Jeepney rides - All over the island
• Bicycling - Bicycles are available for use at the Main Clubhouse
The reception is located in the lobby of the Clubhouse.
Cell Phone Communication & Wi-Fi
Balesin Island Club utilizes both Globe and Smart communication networks throughout the island. Wi-Fi service is available in the Main Clubhouse as well as in all Village food and beverage outlets.
Check-in time is 1:00 p.m. while check-out time is 11 a.m. Members and guests may request an early check-in or late check-out, dependent on room availability. In case a room is not yet available upon check-in, belongings are kept safely at the Baggage Claim, Welcome Center
Balesin Island Club accepts all major credit cards in all outlets.
Departure Time and Details
A departure letter will be sent to your room a day before you check out. In case you plan on extending your stay, please approach our Front Desk staff so that they can reschedule your flight back to Manila. Balesin Island Club has certain limitations and restrictions regarding flight times to and from the island. We respectfully request our members’ and their guests’ understanding regarding these restrictions, as well as with regard to any unforeseeable circumstances.
Your feedback is important to us. Kindly fill out the feedback form provided in the insert sleeve of this compendium and leave it on the table. The housekeeping personnel assigned to your room will forward this to the General Manager's office. Alternatively, you may drop the form off at the Front Desk/Concierge.
Members and guests traveling to Balesin Island Club with infants/young children may request the following items - Baby cot with baby linen, baby bottle sterilizer, baby bathtub, and high chair. Please call our Housekeeping staff if you require any of these items.
In line with Balesin's aim of sustainability, the Club limits the number of cars for use on the island. Members and guests can use the following to visit the villages, spa, leisure areas, sports facilities, beaches, entertainment venues and scenic points:
- Golf Buggies - Driver-assisted electric golf carts are the general mode of transportation on the island. To request one, just call your village reception area. These are available 24 hours a day.
- Mountain Bicycles are available for rent at the Mountain Bike Station located in front of the Clubhouse
Room keycards are issued to members/guests upon check-in. Besides their security feature, keycards are also used to power the electricity in your room or villa. Remember to bring your keycard with you when leaving the room. Do not leave it in your villa or suite. In case you lose your key, please notify Reception immediately for a replacement. Members and guests are required to surrender their keycards upon check-out. In the event of the loss of a keycard, a minimal charge shall be included in your billing statement.
Lost & Found
Guests and members are urged to be mindful of their valuables and belongings. Safety deposit boxes are available for your use inside your suite or villa. If you have lost or misplaced a personal item, please contact the Concierge.
The island has its own emergency medical center with an on-island doctor and dentist, located at the clubhouse.
Island personnel are also trained in medical emergency evacuation procedures should the need arise. Defibrillators are on hand at various locations on the island in case of cardiac emergencies. Emergency air transportation back to Luzon is readily available. Balesin is free of tropical diseases; no vaccinations are needed for visits to the island.
For those who need to stay current with the world’s events, daily newspapers are available at the Clubhouse.
Water and Electrical Power
Balesin Island Club produces an ample supply of water from the rains using our runway as a “catch.” This collected water is distributed to our four water impounding lagoons and treated using our water purification system. Balesin also has three desalination pumps, and ferries in additional water from the mainland via our LCT to augment our water production when necessary.
* Information is provided by www.balesin.com